Saturday, May 31, 2014

Looking from Hecate Strait Towards east

Yesterday was a good photo day for the most part as can be seen. Today basically stayed in Masset as Atlin, my next planned stop,is clouded in. Spent part of the day with person who took me ( and my jet ski ) back from Charlottes in 2011. Slept in the plane last night and was not bad! I went past the B &B I stayed in last time I was here and the plane is smaller but in ways more secure feeling.
I transferred some 2 hours worth of fuel ( about 14 gallons US) from jerry cans this morning . I will be doing more of this as I travel further north so wanted to make sure ladders, filters etc worked.
Flight services , my new friends, are suggesting tomorrows weather may be fly able with a morning start.
The folks here at the airport are now quite accommodating which is much appreciated .Fishing season started today so guess what - lots of helicopters and private jets. 200 people a day fly into and out of here on way to or from lodges by helicopter then jet to wherever from this airport.
Having fun !

No comments: