Sunday, June 1, 2008

Out on the Jet Ski

Saturday was such a beautiful day that i just couldn't waste it! So with no wind at the house I assumed the ocean would be fine as well. Off for coffee with friend Fred first and then to Steward Farm Boat Launch in Crescent Beach with 'Gretski'-my Jet Ski. Hadn't been out on the 'water' since returning from Alaska last summer. ( In fact the only time I took her out was to get her maintenance $800+-slightly overdue from Alaska journey!) I headed out across Georgia Strait to Main Island first, trying to locate a friends cabin but no one around so off through Active Pass to Saltspring Island. I was a little lost (hadn't programmed the GPS and no chart--ah who needs it!)when I phoned my friend Henry who has a cabin there. He said you're at Fulford? You've gone way too far. So I returned to Long Harbour, had a cup of tea and nice conversation with Henry and Mary Anne, old friends who had lent us their cabin in the past--I had no trouble finding it with a BC Ferry then! I needed to fuel up before returning . I went into Ganges Harbour--a cute place. The gas attendant asked about my windshield and where I was going--told him Crescent Beach --he thought that was a long way and he hadn't done that with his. We agreed BRP makes the best personal water craft. I then started heading back via Active Pass. Basically from Henrys' place to Tswassen would have taken 35 minutes. I went to Crescent Beach and took me about 70 minutes from Nose Point on Saltspring. The water was pretty smooth and made good time--up to 80 klm per hour--man is that a nice speed but thinking something just a tad faster would be nicer.A wonderful day--sun, ocean, friends ,coffee and tea--doesn't get much better--oh yea and safety. I'm still working on finishing my Alaska story but just thought I'd share another good day! Life is good! ( as are my 5 daughters most of the time)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

100 km would be nicer , but thats one footitis and it never stops.
but it is nice to get on the water regularly, I've been doing the fraser because it is so close and you can get out to the ocean as well. good job Jack , water is water. charlie