Saturday, July 7, 2007

Email and Pictures from the Coast Guard

I received the following email today:

Hi!
My name is Bob *****. I live in Juneau, AK and with my wife, Marie, am a member of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary. Today Marie and I were running a jet ski patrol north of Juneau and what do you know but just off the entrance of Tee harbor I saw a large bit of orange on Cohen Island. Large bits of orange on Cohen Island being very unusual I popped over to see what it was and discovered Jack taking a bit of a rest.

Jack and I had a nice conversation and exchanged digital photos which you will see attached. Jack asked that I send them to you so that you'd know he is alive and in fine shape. He was in Skagway yesterday and is now on the return to Vancouver. He may be staying in Juneau tonight or possibly will press on to Petersburg. Marie and I saw Jack at about 3 pm.

I really enjoyed our chat and wish Jack fair winds and following seas on the remainder of his trip back to Vancouver. What a guy, what a trip!

Cheers,

Bob & Marie *****
(I blanked out their last name in case they didn't want it on here!)

The Coast Guard

Dad with all his gear

1 comment:

Maria said...

great to see your dad with all his gear and enjoying the trip!!!